On this half day electric fatbike self-guided tour you cycle through hills and forests southwest of Chiang Mai, searching for geocaches. Don't let yourself be put off by the bikes, they are suitable for all ages, as long as you are more than 150 cm tall ... More info ›
On this half day electric fatbike self-guided tour you cycle through hills and forests southwest of Chiang Mai, searching for geocaches. Don't let yourself be put off by the bikes, they are suitable for all ages, as long as you are more than 150 cm tall.
If you like geocaching, you will certainly like our Hive Hunt adventure. Like with geocaching we have hidden small containers (bee hives) South of Chiang Mai. The challenge is to find them all 8 as fast as possible.
Hive Hunt is a challenging way to discover beautiful outer Chiang Mai on our E-bikes on your own. It’s not possible to accept the challenge without using our E-bikes. That’s the reason you can’t find the caches on the official geocaching website or app, we will provide the locations to you at start. Every participant using the same means of transportation (with paddle assist!) makes it a fair competition.
If you want to accept the challenge, book a Hive Hunt adventure and come on the booked day to our office in Nam Phrae for a Buzzing start of your ride. Start between 8.30-11.30am, make sure you arrive at our office on time (between 8.00-11.00 am, because you get instruction first)!
Before you take of you get a short briefing, explaining how our bikes work, the rules of the game and how you can earn your points. Basically your points are based on number of hives found within the maximum time of 4 hours and on the average time to find the hives.
During the briefing we will give you all the details you need, like E-bike instruction, locations of the hives, what they look like and how to log your finds.
Start between 8.30-11.30am, return latest 5.00pm. Be present at our office about 30 minutes before start please!
What to bring:
- Telephone with GPS, an app that can guide you to coordinates, data-package to send pictures, charging cable (can plug into bike battery) and/or powerbank
- Your passport number (or ID number for Thai nationals)
- Money for lunch or coffee break (or lunch box)
- A deposit for the E-bike (original passport/ID, or copy of these and 5000 THB cash. Of course you get this back if you bring back the E-bike in good shape)
What you get from us:
- Information and hive locations
- Buzzy Bee Bike electric bike and helmet
- A Hive of Fame mention (if you reach the top 10 list)
- 50% of your subscription fee back if you break the record (not if you booked with discount already)